Personal injury accidents are extraordinarily common, especially when you consider everything that falls under the purview of this relatively broad term. Personal injury law covers any type of injury that happens to your person, so nearly any type of accident or negligent action could apply. Here are some of the most common types of accidents that fall under this umbrella. In no particular order:
- Defective Products – If you have a power tool that has a defect in it, or an electronic device that could electrocute you, it could be a flaw in the design or the manufacturing. Either of these could result in damages.
- Car Accidents – No one likes to think about car accidents, but they are very common. Often, the negligence of one of the drivers is the cause of the accident.
- Slip and Fall Injuries – Loose railings, wet floors, and bunched up carpet are just a few of the things that can cause this type of injury.
- Medical Malpractice – Sometimes, doctors are negligent as well. It could involve a misdiagnosis, issues with a treatment, or the procedure they perform.
- Intentional and Dangerous Actions – Sometimes, people actively do things to harm other people. Other times, they pull “pranks”, which result in injury. Regardless, this type of behavior can cause some serious injuries.
- Dog Bites – Dogs do what dogs do, and that means they will sometimes bite. Since you can’t sue the actual animal, you have to go after the human who should have had his or her pet under control.
The above are some of the most common types of personal injury accidents that happen today. If you’ve had an injury from one of these, or any other type of personal injury accident, make sure you contact a San Diego attorney who can help you today. Be sure to choose an attorney who has experience in the area of your particular case too.