Did you know that motorcyclists are more than 35 times more likely to be in a fatal accident than passenger cars? Anytime a motorcycle is on the road, there is a potential for an accident, and when a motorcycle collides with a car or truck, the motorcyclist is likely to experience severe injuries.
MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT STATISTICS
Did you know that motorcyclists are more than 35 times more likely to be in a fatal accident than passenger cars? Anytime a motorcycle is on the road, there is a potential for an accident, and when a motorcycle collides with a car or truck, the motorcyclist is likely to experience severe injuries. Many of the accidents are fatal. Just consider these statistics:
- An average of 88,000 motorcyclists are injured in accidents per year.
- An average of almost 5,000 motorcyclists are killed in accidents per year.
- A motorcyclist who does not wear a helmet is 15% more likely to suffer injuries in a collision.
- The motorcycle fatality rate is 73 per 100,000 motorcyclists while the passenger vehicle fatality rate is 14 per 100,000 drivers.
- More than half of all motorcycle fatalities involved another vehicle.
- 29% of fatal accidents and motorcycles involved a driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- 37% of motorcycle collisions involved speeding in some way.
Nearly half of all motorcycle accidents happen in the same way: a car doesn’t see the motorcycle and turns in front of it. The motorcyclist doesn’t have time to stop and hits the car, causing severe and often fatal injuries to the person on the motorcycle.
There can be a big problem with a motorcycle accident case, and it could make it very hard for you to get compensation for you injuries. People believe motorcycles are dangerous. Even if the driver of the other vehicle is clearly at fault, there will always be bias against the motorcycle driver. This means it is all the more important for a victim of one of these accidents to choose a high quality, experienced, and aggressive attorney. Should the case go to trial, the attorney will need to know how to select a jury properly or bias could close the case before anything even happens.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents:
- Driver not seeing the motorcycle
- Lane splitting
- Bad weather
- Lack of turn signal use
- Driving poorly for conditions
- Ignoring traffic signals
- Distracted drivers
- Slick or defective roads
- Driving while drunk or on drugs, and
- Intentional actions. (although rare, this does happen)
Common Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents:
- Road Rash
- Broken Bones
- Spine Injuries
- Loss of Limbs
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS YOU CAN TRUST
You deserve personal attention when it comes to you or your loved ones’ injuries. Don’t be just another law firm number. Let our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers get you the money you deserve. If you or a loved one has been in a motor vehicle accident, then you may be entitled to compensation depending on your case.
Should you become a victim of a motorcycle accident, it is extremely important that you choose the right personal injury attorney. Without the proper legal representation, you may find it very hard to seek and be awarded compensation for your injuries and damage to your motorcycle.