You don’t like thinking about getting into an accident any more than the next person does, but accidents are an unfortunate fact of life. There is a good chance that you or someone you know and love will be in an accident at some point in life, especially those who live in the Southern California area. San Diego’s I-5, for example, is one of the most dangerous roads in the country, but the other streets and roads in the area can be just as problematic for drivers.
Quite a few different things contribute to making the roads as hazardous as they are. Let’s look at a list of some of the biggest issues when it comes to unsafe driving.
- Driving Distracted – Texting, eating, putting on makeup, and more are all dangerous and need to be avoided.
- Speeding – Always go the speed limit. It is there for a reason.
- Driving Under the Influence – Never drive while drunk or under the influence of any drug or medication.
- Rain and Inclement Weather – While this is relatively rare in San Diego, when it does rain, everyone seems to go a bit crazy on the roads and the accident rates soar.
- Running Stop Lights and Signs – Again, these are there for a reason. Watch for them and watch the road.
Now that you are aware of some of the reasons that driving on the roads is as dangerous as it is, you can make sure that you do not engage in any of these behaviors. Still, you can’t predict or stop what other drivers will do. Make sure that you get in touch with an attorney in San Diego if you are in an accident. They can walk you through the legal matters and let you know if you have a case against the other driver.